Friday, January 14, 2011

Dance

Ballet is a bitch. Being completely frank and honest, it is just a bitch. There is nothing natural about it, not sitting on your head, not standing on your toes, not having your groin forced to the ground, none of it. I must admit, even with all the pain from random exercising, leaping, dancing, spinning, I still love it. I know that when I'm older I'm probably going to be immobilized (or however you spell it) due to pain and completely crazy due to genetics, not a pretty future. On the other hand being able to jump around and not look like a douface is pretty remarkable and entertaining but when I get home all I can think about is how much my feet hurt and how nasty they are going to be when I'm older.

Lyrical. I always get dropped. Almost every time. This is because the only person smaller than me is a twelve year old and if they were throwing her every where it would just be all bad. The strange this is that I love falling (like with snowboarding I love it) but the only thing I don't like is being dropped, it's just rude and painful. I can't help but laugh at lyrical sometimes, just the emotions trying to be expressed through body movement hilarious. It's fun though, it involves a lot more jumps and to-the-floor work.

Tap. I don't do that.

Jazz. That is just fun all the way around, sometimes. some of the dancing is dorky but thats okay.

Technique. I'm not even getting into that...

No comments:

Post a Comment