Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Self Abuse

Nothing good can come from self abuse. Most people think that it only hurts them as individuals because it is physical pain that they endure, but they cannot be more wrong. It hurts everyone that loves them. Every time a friend that is doing this I can't stand it. Knowing their lives are to hard for them to handle they express it through injury.

Many people associate self abuse with cutting or being "emo" but in reality it can be a number of things: burning, piercing, tattooing, scarification, bruising, drug use..etc. I understand the need to relieve internal pain that seems as if it could never be dealt with, but when it comes to constant bleeding, and happening very often, it hurts me just as much as it is hurting them.

I know I can't just sit by and watch people I love with razor in hand, bleeding. I try to make them feel loved and make sure they know I will always be there, but...it doesn't work. They keep cutting and burning.

I know that I am pretty emotional because of recent events in my life, but I can't help the sensation of getting choked up over the whole ordeal. To the person this is to, I love you, please stop. It's not worth it, all it leads to is muscle damage and scaring. I know I have a past too but if I have left every bit of the negativity behind and so can you. I can't stress how much I love you. You are with out a doubt my best friend and I can't stand to see you in so much pain. You know for a fact that you are the only person I have ever met that has been with me through every hardship that has been dealt to me and you have seen past all my bullshit and still stuck by me. If you can't find any motivation to stop please try, I know you are going through hardships and thank you so much for not turning to drugs or alcohol but self abuse in no better. I know you will be angry that I posted this online, but this is the only way I can get you to listen to me. I love you, I don't know how I can stress that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment