Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Angela's Ashes 2

What are the weaknesses of this book, in your opinion?

I think that the books major weakness is how it gets slightly boring in the middle. The surprising thing is that I have talked about this book to other people and I seem to be the only on uninterested in the section I found boring. So, it could just be me. I'm not sure. Other than that section-the first half od the middle section-I really like this book. I continue to find similarities between the book and my childhood and family history. The part I found the closest to my own history is in the very beginning where Frank McCourt gives a very brief history of his family coming from Ireland during the early 1920's-which I believe is when my family came but as said in previous blog posts no one really knows. I believe that we came around the same time because even though there are no solid dates in my family history the stories seem to go hand in hand.

Reading this story actually makes me more interested in finding my roots. Having another family with a relatively close history to my own makes it actually have meaning. As silly as it sounds having another family show me that there is history that could be found makes me extremely curious to find my own history. With all the new technology it should be a lot easier than it was when I tired to find my family before. I'm going to go do that right now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice of you to reason why you were bored! Without technology, how do you think people kept memories of their roots!?

    ReplyDelete