Wednesday, August 18, 2010

13 Response: Just Kidding

One time that I have felt attacked by a larger group of people or have bullied was not by just one group of friends but by many boys in my school. All of them wanted a hook-up. I have been bullied before by a few people in my earlier years. They would tell me I couldn’t be their friend and that I was ugly, therefor I can relate to both forms of bullying.
Since the sexual harassment was more recent it has left fresh memories in my mind and lasting effects. Everyday some boy would come up to me and begin to use pick-up lines or just bluntly try to hook-up, some were worse than others. Most people would think this could be translated as a compliment, but not when you feel violated and not when rumors began to spread. They began with how much I preformed oral sex with men or how much I have slept around with men twice my age. The rumors began to become more elaborate and the boys became more aroused and felt it was okay to ask for “favors” or they would bluntly tell me we were going to have sex. When I rejected them they would become enraged and would create a whole new wave of rumors that would bombard me in the following weeks to come. I ignored the situation most of the time because I felt my options were scarce and thought I should just tough it out. Sometimes I would act that I did these things only to reject the boy creating embarrassment for the him but all it lead to was trouble.
I think people bully are truly insecure because all the boys that would hit on me were the loud, macho men of the school who would constantly brag about how much pussy they got and who was “tappin’ the most ass”. Since I wouldn’t give them what they wanted I became a prize highly desired, thats all I was, a shinny trophy that they could flaunt in eachothers faces. I never understood how I became “the prize” when no one won it, I have never felt more used than I had that year.
Harassment and bullying are in correlation because even though I was not teased or beat up I still had to deal with the constant snide remarks and groping from the boys who desired to do so. I plan to stop this form of bullying by helping people who are dealing with the same problems and giving them the confidence to stand up for themselves in a manner that wont result violently. I hope for any other people who have to deal with this that they will find a way to stop it soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ianna <3
    I didn't know you has felt this way, especially since I wasn't there for you as much as I should've been. I was dealing with some of my own little problems and had some of the trouble you did too. I know that's a poor excuse for not being there and not understanding you. I should've tried harder, and I know it's a bit too late for that now... but I want you to know how proud I am to have such a good and honest friend like you. I'm also proud that you had the courage to write out all your felings and thought. I promise I'll try to be there for you in ways I don't TRULY comprehend yet, no matter how much distance is put between us. Love you always! -Kiki
    [AH! E EU TAMBEM VOU COMECAR UN BLOG SOBRE UNHAS E SENTIMENTOS! <3]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I cant believe that u went through this im just in shock im so sorry I hope that this never happens to u again

    ReplyDelete